Oracle continuously develops new features and functionalities for its Fusion Cloud applications offering the great benefit of continuously remaining "up to date" with the latest and greatest developments. But the rapid developments within the application also means that you continuously need to stay up-to-date with the bundling changes that Oracle puts through on a quarterly basis.
For example, you may have bought Oracle cloud subscriptions for "Oracle Fusion Project Contract Billing Cloud Service" in 2018, including the right to make use of these cloud services:
- Oracle Fusion Project Billing
- Oracle Fusion Project Contracts
- Oracle Fusion Enterprise Contracts Management
- Oracle Fusion Transactional Business Intelligence for Projects
But Oracle decided in June 2019 to no longer sell this Cloud Subscription and instead bundled the functionalities into the "Oracle Fusion Enterprise Resource Planning Cloud Service" subscription.
This Oracle Fusion Enterprise Resource Planning Cloud Service includes several individual cloud services such as:
- Financials Cloud Service
- Fusion Financial Reports Center Cloud Service
- Advanced Collections Cloud Service
- Revenue Management Cloud Service
- Grants Management Cloud Service
- Project Contract Billing Cloud Service
- Project Financials Cloud Service
- Project Management Cloud Service
- Automated Invoice Processing
- Fusion Transactional Business Intelligence Cloud Service
So, if you want to renew your initial functional requirements, you will need to renew a different cloud subscription. This cloud subscription may, however, come with a higher price per Hosted Named User, especially if you did not negotiate a price hold in your Fusion Cloud contract.