Proof of Entitlement represent any document or record that has been made available only to you, following the purchase of a software license.
1. International Product License Agreement (IPLA) – is the type of agreement IBM uses to license software distributed worldwide. The IPLA, including the License Information (LI) documents, grants customers a non-exclusive license to use the IBM software. All software under IPLA has warranty.
IPLA applies to IBM software products such as Data Management Tools, Application Development Tools, Systems Management Tools and IBM software products for a host-based Linux environment, such as WebSphere Application Server for Linux on System z.
2. International License Agreement for Non-Warranted Programs (ILAN) – is similar to IPLA, but it is used for IBM licensed programs for which customers chose not to have a warranty.
3. International License Agreement for Evaluation of Programs (ILAE) – provides a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use a program only for internal evaluation, testing or demonstration purposes, on a trial or “try-and-buy” basis. The evaluation period begins on the date that the licensee agrees to the terms of the Agreement and ends upon the earliest of a) the end of the duration or b) the date specified by IBM in either the License Information or a transaction document or on the date the program automatically disables itself.
4. International Agreement for Acquisition of Software Maintenance (IAASM) – is an agreement that describes the terms and conditions under which software maintenance is provided. Based on the maintenance agreement, the customer will be provided defect correction information, program updates and technical assistance.
5. International Passport Advantage/ Passport Advantage Express Agreements (IPAA) – are contracts between IBM and customers for a combined software license acquisition, Software Subscription and Support, IBM Appliances and IBM SaaS subscriptions. Under the Passport Advantage agreements, IBM provides the customer a way to obtain authorizations to use, update and support selected programs at volume pricing. A customer can order a single platform or multiple platforms, one product or entire suites, for one location or a network of offices around the world.
It addresses the needs of large enterprises that have multiple sites and it provides better discounts for volume purchases over time. It also entails the different obligations and rights that are agreed, impacting the purchased software and relating conditions, restrictions, exceptions and obligations.
Passport Advantage Express is designed for single-site, medium-sized enterprises and features a single price level. Renewals take place on a per transaction basis, instead of all being synchronized to a single anniversary date.