SoftwareOne case study
Stability starts at the bottom
Moving from G Suite to M365 helped Komatsu-Mitsui gain enhanced productivity & more secure communications
With 23 locations and more than 1,900 employees across Peru, efficient, secure, and smooth communication is crucial for productivity, and first-class customer service. As part of its digital transformation, Komatsu-Mitsui set its strategic goal to adopt a user-centric approach making the best possible use of future-proof communication capabilities.
The company decided to transition from Google G Suite to Microsoft 365 to provide its employees a central and modern communications platform combined with the right toolset to protect effectively, control, and administer Komatsu-Mitsui communications across all locations.
SoftwareOne helped Komatsu-Mitsui with a fast and straightforward migration of 1,800 users to M365. Supported by Microsoft's FastTrack services, Komatsu-Mitsui also quickly adapted to the new communication tools which proved especially valuable when the COVID-19 pandemic severely limited communication capabilities.
Komatsu-Mitsui Maquinarias Perú S.A.
Migration from G Suite to Microsoft 365 platform including consulting and support for effective adoption and change management for Office 365 tools and security solutions as Microsoft Multiple Factor Authentication (MFA), Microsoft Intune, and Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics (ATA)
SoftwareOne is a long-term partner operating on the premise that its first responsibility is to understand what we need as a customer. Its consultants provide practical advice based on what we want to accomplish, and they have deep Microsoft relationships to make our changes successful.
Juan Carlos Lara Flores
IT Manager, Komatsu-Mitsui
About the client
Komatsu-Mitsui Maquinarias Perú S.A. is a Peruvian company that provides comprehensive solutions and sales and service of heavy machinery for the mining, construction, automotive, marine and other sectors including power generation equipment and engines.
The company recently celebrated its 25th anniversary offering innovative and excellent solutions, reaffirming its position as a leader in the construction and mining market. In 2021, the company will continue to focus its efforts on the deployment and integration of technology and automation for product and service innovation.
Komatsu-Mitsui customer portfolio includes the most important mining and construction companies in Peru but also serves clients in the industry, telecommunications, power generation, and transportation sectors.
For ten years, Komatsu-Mitsui communication tools had been centered on Google G Suite. However, the Google platform no longer met the company’s business objectives. As part of its digital transformation, Komatsu-Mitsui had set strategic goals for improved productivity, collaboration, enhanced security, and data governance.
Our vision was to establish a platform that would stimulate increased staff collaboration regardless of staff location,
– said Juan Carlos Lara Flores, Komatsu- Mitsui IT Manager.
We wanted to create a user-oriented organization that applies exceptional communication capabilities to gain efficiency and reduce expenses. So, we decided to migrate from Google to Microsoft 365.
At the same time, Komatsu-Mitsui wanted to implement a comprehensive security concept to protect its employees' data, devices, applications, and identities.
- Reduction in OPEX for G Suite and other tools by establishing a single platform for collaboration and productivity using M365
- More efficient and smooth communication and collaboration for its staff across all locations through state-of-the-art tools and features, such as Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, Yammer, and OneDrive
- Secured mobile communication on all devices, at any time for all users
- A fast and successful adoption of the new Office 365 communication capabilities
To accelerate and implement its Digital Transformation strategy, Komatsu-Mitsui engaged SoftwareOne to assist in the transition. As a Microsoft Gold partner, Komatsu-Mitsui trusted SoftwareOne to apply a tested methodology and engage qualified experts to develop and execute the migration to M365.
With on-site workshops for key business stakeholders and service owners, the goals and best migration approach for Komatsu-Mitsui were defined. Moreover, a Customer Immersion Experience (CIE), provided by Microsoft, helped to discover and experience security, communications, and collaboration tools using tailored scenarios and demonstrating the substantial added business value of a M365 move.
Using the Microsoft FastTrack service SoftwareOne migrated Google mailboxes, calendars, contacts, and all data from Google Drive for all 1,800 employees. SoftwareOne smoothly configured the new tools to enable increased security controls for information transfer and support collaboration and productivity systems.
The new platform also includes administrative tools for the IT team that will allow automation of operations for identity management, and auditing. Usage reports help track collaboration and productivity.
To leverage user-centric security, Komatsu-Mitsui utilizes Microsoft Enterprise Mobility+Security (EMS) including Multiple Factor Authentication (MFA) for secure O365 user access and advanced security reporting. Managed Mobile Productivity with Microsoft Intune protects Komatsu-Mitsui corporate apps and data on any device. Threat protection is strengthened against advanced cyber-attacks using Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics (ATA).
Beyond establishing the new technology and tools, SoftwareOne consulted on adoption and change management to increase adoption of best practices for the IT team, end-users, and company leadership. SoftwareOne’s support helped Komatsu-Mitsui accelerate the change for its users from the outset. Then, the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic pushed adoption even faster. SoftwareOne’s guidance quickly enabled Komatsu-Mitsui IT staff to help the company transform in the face of quarantine. In particular, the value of Microsoft Teams was demonstrated in new networks of collaboration and rapid adoption by more than 1,800 connected users.
- With the move from Google G Suite to the Microsoft 365 platform, Komatsu-Mitsui realized its strategic goals for improved productivity, collaboration, enhanced security, and data governance.
- Komatsu-Mitsui uses M365 as an integrated platform to improve staff communications and collaboration. The user-orientation enables Komatsu-Mitsui staff to leverage all capabilities for increased productivity and improved customer service.
- Komatsu-Mitsui reduced OPEX and licensing costs using the single M365 platform to replace several disparate tools.
- Microsoft EMS, including MFA, security reporting, Intune managed mobile productivity, and ATA threat protection, effectively secure user access to O365 tools.
- Administrative tools enable Komatsu-Mitsui IT team to automate operations for identity management and auditing as well as Mobile Device Management (MDM) and Mobile Application Management (MAM).
- With SoftwareONE's tailored consulting and support for effective adoption and change management, Komatsu-Mitsui quickly and successfully adopted the new capabilities of M365, even under COVID-19 pandemic conditions.
Connect with our experts
Share a few details about your business challenge, and we’ll get right back to you.