In addition to the price increase as stated above, Microsoft will introduce several significant changes to the existing CSP program, specifically New Commerce for seat-based offers including Microsoft 365, Dynamics 365, Power Platform and Windows 365. This includes the following changes:
- Introduction of annual term subscriptions that will offer price stability
- Introduction of premium priced monthly term subscriptions that offer true flexibility to increase & decrease monthly
- Mid-term subscription upgrades with automatic seat assignment
- Multi-year billing plans that will provide flexibility and long-term price stability
- A stricter cancellation policy that will make purchase decision more permanent
The most significant change is that the annual term subscription cannot be decreased any longer. Customers who are using the CSP model to increase and/or decrease subscription amounts on a monthly or even daily basis have one of two options:
- They will need to change to the monthly premium offer, increase of 20% or
- They will need to subscribe for the annual term against the normal pricing.
The current CSP model will be available to new and existing customers through February 2022. Although the New Commerce model is launching on October 1, 2021, customers will not be required to move to New Commerce until March 1, 2022.