Minimize risk. Reduce IT costs. Maximize end user productivity.
Software Asset Management
Software Asset Management (SAM) is about more than license compliance. A good SAM methodology will provide much more to an organization’s stability than onetime audit defenses.
SAM means all the infrastructure and processes necessary for the effective management, control, and protection of software assets through all stages of the software lifecycle.
SAM helps organizations to:
- Control costs – Can we avoid or reduce software spend?
- Optimize Licensing – How can we “re-model” licensing for greater benefit?
- Build a foundation to enable IT growth – What available technology can we leverage, and which mission-critical applications need to be upgraded to support our evolving infrastructure?
Establish a baseline assessment of your current state-of-compliance through a one-time clean-up of your installed software against entitled licenses.
Managed SAM Services
Leverage the best-in-class SAM practice by allowing our experts to track, manage, and standardize all software purchasing and management decisions.
Roadmap & Landscape Advisory
Analyze and assess your current SAM maturity to develop a strategic roadmap for transitioning your current practice to a more efficient process.
SAM for SPLA
As a Service Provider, ensuring compliance with your own infrastructure is paramount to maintaining the business continuity your customers expect of your services.
Plan for future IT needs and risks by taking inventory of your software support lifecycles to make cost-effective future planning decisions.
SAM Tool Evaluation
Leverage our industry expertise to determine which SAM tool best functions to manage your software assets based on various metrics that are important to you.
Benefits of SAM
- Step-by-step process adoption for efficient asset management
- Minimize inefficient use of your technical environment
- Consolidation methods for over-licensed applications and under-utilized licenses
- Protective exposure techniques from vendor audits
- Risk analysis of deployed software products against your total software spend
- Long-term roadmapping for legacy software transitions
It’s been an educational process, and SoftwareONE has been at the heart of it. The team has shared its expertise and knowledge to help us establish processes that everyone now knows have to be followed.
Kevin Torres, VP of Information Technology, MemorialCare Health System
We have been able to take things under control, define our own direction. SoftwareONE is the one partner that we trust to help us identify which licenses are most beneficial, and they have provided a tool that helps us understand our current position easily and instantly.
Kari Vääränen, ICT director at Glaston
There wasn’t much to do for us. SoftwareONE performed the entire analysis and delivered the results on schedule. The project was well planned and didn’t bring any great surprises.
Head of IT infrastructure DACH - International Food Company