SAM Elite Service helps you establish a SAM practice in your environment that is efficient, effective, and sustainable and ensures proper implementation through defining processes, procedures, guidelines, workflows, roles, and responsibilities.
Benefits of SAM Elite Service include:
- Collect proof of entitlement through the publisher and a local source
- Access highly trained licensing experts who know the underlying complexity of licenses and agreement terms
- Streamline integration after acquisitions/mergers or reorganizations
- Strengthen your company’s position in the publisher negotiation process
- Improve strategic infrastructure planning through better knowledge of what is being installed or used, better deployment capabilities, and better assessment of strategic software alternatives
- Prevent software over-deployment
- Reduce problem-resolution costs through standardization
- Reduce the cost of internal licensing support
- Standardize on strategic software products
SAM Elite Service Process
Your SAM Consultant will look into your existing environment to gather information about your current SAM practice. This is the foundation for the next process step “Set-up”. The core components of this evaluation are the SAM Assessment Report and Concept Document which outlines the details of the SAM Elite engagement.
The next step is the proper implementation of the updated and improved processes, procedures, guidelines, workflows, roles, and responsibilities. It also includes training for your internal resources who will manage your SAM program going forward. Set-up prepares your organization for the fully-managed service provided by SoftwareONE.
Inventory and Clean-Up
SoftwareONE scans your environment, gathers your license information from software publishers (and your own company), adds this information to your SAM solution, and creates a GAP Analysis/License Statement to show your current license position. After the inventory is complete, we conduct a clean-up, which includes a detailed plan on how to get compliant and resolve any licensing issues. This can include de-installation, additional purchasing and, if/when possible, contract adjustments.
Once your practice is implemented, you then choose to either transition responsibility to your own IT team, or engage SoftwareONE to provide a full-managed service. The fully-managed service provides you with a dedicated SAM Manager responsible for all of your licensing/software questions, as well as any software procurement. This person also manages your SAM practice remotely, making sure every single license is tracked and accounted for, and proactively provides reports. The primary focus is to discover cost savings and streamline your SAM processes.