Discover Microsoft's Cloud Solutions for Yourself
Start your 30 day free trial of Office 365 and begin to explore how cloud subscription services can help your organisation lower cost but deliver greater collaboration and productivity. Click here to start your free trial of Office 365.
Microsoft Office 365
The Microsoft Office 365 service offering combines the familiar Office desktop suite with the latest, cloud-based versions of Microsoft's next-generation communications and collaboration services: Microsoft Exchange Online, Microsoft SharePoint Online, and Microsoft Lync Online. These services work together seamlessly to provide the best productivity experience on PCs, phones, and browsers. Office 365 is powered by the same Microsoft email and collaboration products that businesses have been using for decades.
Licensing Office 365
Microsoft offers many different licensing options for Office 365.
- P plans are designed for small business with 25 employees or less.
- K Plans are designed for “kiosk” workers
- E Plans are designed for typical enterprise or “information” workers.
E Plans – Office 365 for Enterprises
E Plans are designed for typical enterprise or “information” workers (i.e. information employees, who spend 70-80% of their work day on a PC and need a large email inbox due to their heavy correspondence rates). Microsoft Office 365 provides four plans for enterprises: Office 365 (Plan E1), Office 365 (Plan E2), Office 365 (Plan E3), and Office 365 (Plan E4).
Microsoft Office Professional Plus
Provide your employees with the familiar Office desktop apps and the Office Web Apps seamlessly connected to the cloud and with flexible pay-as-you-go, per-user licensing.
Microsoft Exchange Online
Give your organisation the power of Exchange email, calendar, and contacts with built-in functionality to help protect against viruses and spam. Your employees can access their mailboxes from virtually anywhere on PCs, the web, and mobile devices.
Microsoft SharePoint Online
Help your employees create sites to manage and share important documents and insights with colleagues, customers, and partners; keep teams in sync; and manage important projects—all without the need to set up and run Microsoft SharePoint in your own data center.
Transform your organisation with next-generation communications capabilities including presence, instant messaging (IM), audio/video calling, and rich online meetings with audio, video, and web conferencing.
K Plans - Office 365 for kiosk workers
Many larger businesses have users, sometimes called kiosk workers (i.e: those who may not have a dedicated PC and spend approximately 5-10% of their work day on a PC and use communal email for light correspondence). Providing kiosk workers with access to email and documents to stay connected to the broader organisation is important even though they may not have dedicated computers. Microsoft Office 365 (Plan K1) and Office 365 (Plan K2) offer value and flexibility for companies with kiosk workers, starting at just $4 per month per user.
Office 365 (Plan K1) includes:
Microsoft Exchange Online - A version of Exchange Online designed for employees who require fewer messaging features because they are infrequent users. This option provides:
- 500 megabytes (MB) of mailbox space per user.
- Access to e-mail, calendar, contacts, and the company directory.
- Web-based access through Microsoft Outlook Web App (regular and light versions).
- POP access to mailbox data.
Microsoft SharePoint Online - A version of SharePoint Online with most of the standard Microsoft SharePoint 2010 capabilities. The exceptions include:
- A business profile for kiosk workers making them searchable but without rights to create a My Site.
- No incremental per-user storage.
- Ability to view documents in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft OneNote with Microsoft Office Web Apps.
- Limited use rights: Except for Microsoft InfoPath or browser-based forms within such designated site collections, users may not create, save, or edit sites, pages, libraries, lists, and list items. They may not access or view content on a mobile device. Office 365 (Plan K1) users may not edit Office documents.
Office 365 (Plan K2) includes:
- All capabilities in Office 365 (Plan K1)
- All capabilities listed in Office 365 (Plan K1) plus:
Office Web Apps—online companions to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote—which let you review and make light edits to documents directly from a browser.